simple is beautiful
Fashion Orgasm: Tales from the Ghetto
2 ... 2 ...

Friday, April 6, 2007

Tales from the Ghetto

I brought my copy of WWD to school the other day. Big mistake.

So, I kindly (perhaps too kindly) let this stylishly-challenged broad in my science class peruse through it, and she repeatedly said of Daria Werbowy,"This girl's too skinny, her bones be sticking out, she looks hella fucking disgusting," And I'm just thinking what have you been smoking, Daria's one of those glamazons that fit into the "gorgeous large-ish model that is loved by the industry so size doesn't matter" catagory. But then again this is coming from a girl who goes to my school where "badonkadonk" is "hella delicious" so I try to be a bit understanding.

But I had to intercede when she says of this lovely Dries Van Noten frock "Damn who the fuck would wear that ugly ass shit, it be hella ugly." Now, ebonics aside, people with a sense of style who wear that "shit" don't really take fashion cues from girls who wear the whole accessories rack from forever21 on their ears.

I had to hold myself from bitchslapping her, and chided that not everything in fashion has to do with cheap patent belts and printed fake Bape jackets, and the fugliest possible dyed hair (think blue, pink, orange, green, yellow, it's like coloring your hair with rainbow feces). Shows how there is a deep disconnect between the fashion world and the average person, or maybe just the idiots at my school.

Sometimes it's a burden educating fashion to the stupid.
Edit: I am not trying to insinuate racism in anyway, it's just that crass is cool to the majority of the people are at my school, all races, boys and girls alike. And if you really wanted to know, this girl was caucasian. With white-yellow streaks through her naturally lovely brown hair. Yeah.

0 comments:

Post a Comment